Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Princess Perfume: A Review


I’m a perfume whore connoisseur.  I owe it to my mother, who is quite the nose.  She can tell you the history of the Annick Goutal Pefume House better than the Battle of the Alamo. Needless to say, when we heard about Kate Middleton’s wedding day perfume, we knew we had to try it.  I am drawn more towards masculine/androgynous, woodsy, tobacco, as opposed to the more overtly girly/floral scents. Something esoteric and not worn by the masses.  My usual rotation consists of:

Tauer-l'air du desert marocain, Hermes-elixir des merveilles, Hermes-le jardin de nil, Chantcaille-vetyver, Jo Malone-pomegranate noir, Penhaligon’s-Bluebell, Roger & Gallet-rose, Fragonard-dix parfums.  (Pardon the pic, couldn't rotate??)

So initially, white gardenia petals turned us away.  But then, my mom and I reasoned, if it was good enough for a princess it can’t be that bad, so we took the plunge and purchased the biggest bottle available.  Go big or go home, no? 
As soon as I sniffed the bottle I wasn’t impressed.  But, I pressed on and sprayed away.  My mom was not a fan.  But, I found as it died down I was surprisingly pleased with it.  According to the description, “The top note of Lilly evokes a tropical seaside location, whilst the heart notes of White Gardenia, Muguet and Jasmine bring a trio of white flowers into play. Amber Wood underscores this light and capricious bouquet.”  The gardenia wasn’t headache inducing, which I usually find to be the case & I caught more of a subtle, baby powder die down?  Either way, I’m glad we decided to try this, but it’s a bit pricey to buy again if you’re not in love with it.  I don’t think it will make the cut into my usual rotation, but it definitely grew on me.  And it’s prob the closest I’ll ever be to becoming a princess!
And, just for kicks, if there was a man in my life he would most def be wearing this.  And he would totally have to share w me ;)





Stay tuned, am lusting after some Serge Lutens & am always up for suggestions!

3 comments:

  1. I commented and then lost it :( Let me try to recall it. I too love the esoteric scent, and hate when someone recognizes what I'm wearing. I will try WGP b/c I love Kate and a good "baby powder die down."

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol. i want some KMid hair!! love her locks

    ReplyDelete
  3. Her hair is amazing. Think she has an enhancement weave? It's kind of too good to be true.

    ReplyDelete