Thursday, September 6, 2012

The Stupid Sock Bun, Birthday, Boston & Belize

Welp, blogging is proving to be inconsistent, but I guess I’ve just been busy.  Suffice it to say the sock bun was a major fail and I finally just bought the little round tool thingy that looks like a brillo pad with a hole in the middle.   I managed to create an OK bun, but the jury is still out on whether or not I like it. 



In other news, I turned 31 and to celebrate took a couple trips.  I went to Boston with my mom and we had a great time eating, shopping and seeing a few sights.  I love the beantown vibe and felt like I walking down the streets of the Cosby Show.  Then, on my actual birthday wkend went to Belize with my cousin and her friend.  I thought I might die on the puddle jumper of a plane over there, but sitting in the cockpit somehow made me feel less claustrophobic?   On the island, we pretty much ate, drank and putted around on golf carts.  We went lobster hunting & deep sea fishing (vegetarianism suspended for freshly caught lobster in water you can see through) and met lots of cool locals.   It was a perfect mix of third world and beautiful beach.   




Top to bottom:  Harvard, in front of Julia Child's house, Mom rubbing John Harvard's shoe for good luck, Mom on Newbury St





Top to bottom:  view from breakfast, me flying the plane, deep sea fishing, cousins at the palapa bar


But now, I’m back to reality and itching to go somewhere again.  But, I’m super excited for fall and cooler weather.

2 comments:

  1. I've been wanting to try the sock bun; not for the waves some people wear it at night for, but for the polished look Atlantic-Pacific nails. Where did you buy the brillo pad tool?

    ReplyDelete
  2. the sock bun was a hot mess for me. i got the tool at target; comes w the brillo, bobby pins & a hair tie! it was super easy

    ReplyDelete